Revlon Matte Balms Review

Chubby Sticks are one of my favorite ways to apply lip color, and Revlon's Matte Balms were able to satisfy my expectations when it came to quality and convenience. 


These definitely remind me of Tarte's LipSurgence Matte Lip Tints. They have the same slick texture,  the same minty scent, and the same great pigmentation. However, the Revlon's Matte Balms are $9.79 compared to the $24.00 price mark of Tarte's lip tints. So if you are looking for a LipSurgence dupe, here it is.

The two colors that I bought are #220, Showy Flamboyante (a Hot Pink Matte) and #205, Elusive Insaisssable (a Nude Muave Pink Matte).



What I like about these balms besides easy application is that these are true mattes! It glides on like a slick cream, but it dries instantly to a matte without the product feeling dry. I also like that it is pigmented and it does not bleed out of my lip line, so I can get away with wearing this without a lipliner.


If you are looking for an actual matte lip product that is not a lipstick and is easy to apply, this may be what you are looking for. They are comfortable to wear, easy to reapply, and does not dry out the lips. I am on the market of getting more colors, but it's hard to find one that is not used at the drugstore. (One of my top pet-peeves are people testing out products at the drugstore and not purchasing the ones that they had opened. It's unsanitary and unfair to those that are interested in actually making a purchase.)

Have you tried these yet? How do you like these Matte Balms? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review