Maybelline Baby Lips "Lip Glosses"

There are 3 finishes in the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Gloss Collection: there are the Shimmers, the Creams, and the Jellies. Of the 3, I have a Shimmer (Lilac Lumi) and a Cream (Taupe With Me) Gloss to share with you. I decided not to pick up a Jelly because I suspected they were mostly clear glosses, so I wasn't very interested in them, but so far I am happy with the two I have purchased.

They are relatively affordable ($4.79) compared to what +Maybelline charges on their usual lip glosses, and this price seems to be the trend with the entire Baby Lips Line.

Now let's look at the two glosses I have, starting with the fun, Shimmer Gloss "Lilac Lumi". Even though the color is purple, you don't really see much color added to your lips (which is another reason why I did not pick up a Jelly, the shimmer is basically a jelly with glitter in it). I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the shimmer gloss. I was hoping this gloss would transform a matte or cream lip color more than it actually did, but all it did was add a hint of shimmer that is not very noticeable unless you hit a certain angle in the light.
Now for the cream finish, I bought "Taupe With Me", a beige nude color. I was worried the color would mute out my natural lip color and give me that dead look. To my pleasant surprise, it did mute my natural lip color but instead of my lips looking lifeless, it looked quite sweet and chic.
This can definitely be an everyday easy to throw on favorite. It's just an easy gloss to wear that will go with any makeup look and outfit.

Now let's talk about the Formula. These glosses are quite moisturizing for being a non-sticky gloss and it also stays on the lips for several hour,s but if you eat or drink, do expect it to wear off.
Overall, these are nice, easy glosses to wear. I can see these be a favorite among teens, especially with its bright and cute packaging, and affordable price. I, of course, prefer the creamy finish but it's nice that the line provides different types of finishes, (all of the glosses are sheer, by the way), so there is something for everyone.

Have you tried these Baby Lips Lip Glosses from Maybelline yet? What do you think about them? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review