L'oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set "Makeup Extender Setting Spray" Review

I remember when this L'oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set "Makeup Extender Setting Spray" hit stores last year (2015). Everyone was going ballistic that there is now a makeup setting spray available at the drugstore. I, of course, was too cool for that...just kidding! I picked it up the moment I saw this.

Why did it take me so long to review this? Honestly? I thought I did since I review the majority of the L'oreal Infallible Pro Line when it came out, but somehow I left this out. Since then, Maybelline has come out with their own setting spray called the MasterFix by Face Studio, and even Wet N Wild has one called the Photofocus Setting Spray. I won't be surprised if the rest of the drugstore brands follow in suit shortly after that.

But what makes +L'OrĂ©al's Makeup Setting Spray special from the rest besides being the OG? To be honest? Not much...I find that all setting sprays work to prolong the wear of makeup at some degree.  The quality depends on how long and the L'oreal Infallible Pro does an excellent job at keeping my makeup intact, especially the face makeup (eyes are a different story).

It doesn't improve the look of my makeup like the Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray does. So it won't help with thinning the look of your foundation if you feel a bit heavy or cakey that day. However, I do find that it helps with controlling my oils at some degree where I do not look shiny but a nice dewy at the end of the day.

The bottle also has a good spritzer where the liquid comes out in a fine mist, that will evenly coats your entire face. I never had a problem with it clogging up. So I think it's safe to say that the spray design had been done well. 

Overall, this is a great makeup setting spray that can be found at the drugstore. It is a great alternative to higher end setting sprays, especially when you are only paying half the price. This 3.4 fl oz bottle retail at $16.99. The price is pretty up there, but this single bottle should last you a good year.

What is your favorite drugstore makeup setting spray? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review