Formula X & Kat Von D Collab: 3 Mini Lip + 3 Nail Polish Duo

So I have recently just finished reviewing all the fun and exotic colors of the Studded X Collection between Kat Von D and Formula X. They are all individually sold at $15.00 at Sephora. Today, I present to you the rest of the collaboration colors between these two fine beauty brands. These are the wearable colors of the bunch, and they come in a trio set, priced at $29.50


This collaboration between Kat Von D and Formula X, is where Formula X took some of Kat Von D's most popular lipstick shades, and try to make a matching nail polish. So far, from the ones I have tried, Formula X has been knocking it out of the ball park. I have been finding that I am enjoying Formula X's nail polish formula more than Kat Von D's lipstick formula. You will see a very good example soon with one of the colors I am about to share with you. 


So here are the colors that comes in this Trio:

You have "LOVECRAFT" (a mauve pink nude). This is my favorite of the lip colors. It is neutral and very wearable. It glided on the lips with ease and did not patch up. The nail polish was equally wonderful.


Next is "Bauhau5" (a deep raspberry). This is a beautiful deep, dark magenta color. This one I prefer the deepness of the nail polish more than the lipstick. What I love about this polish is that it has a beautiful gel-like shine that is very noticeable, especially in the sun.

And finally you have "HomeGirl" (a blackberry purple). This is the most disappointing lipstick out of all the ones I have tried so far from Kat Von D. The reason is that it applied on very patchy. No matter how I apply and pat it down, I could not get rid of the patchiness. What you see in the picture is not dry skin, it is lipstick buildup. Even if I use my finger to sheer and even out the color, all it does is shift the cakiness around. 

I wouldn't say this is a must-have kit. It is always fun to test out formulas and colors at a reasonable price, but their formulations and colors are not incredibly original. However, if you have been wanting to try Kat Von D Studded Lipsticks or even Formula X Polishes, this little kit is a nice way to try out more of the wearable colors they have to offer.

What is your favorite color of the three? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review