Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolors Review

I had a bad first experience with these types of 2-step lip products (L'oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color), so I have been very hesitant in giving them a try again. Now a year has gone by and I came across these on a +REVLON display, and I picked two up because they each came with a color stay moisture stain gloss. So I figured if I didn't like the ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor, my money wouldn't be wasted.


The two shades (retails at $10.49) that I bought are Bare Maximum (a Brassy Nude-Brick Red),

and Infinite Raspberry (a Shimmery Berry Magenta).

First Step is to apply the color portion on the lips and let it dry. To be honest, it took quite a bit of time before it completely dried (roughly 90-120 seconds). It doesn't seem like a long time, but when you are in a rush you don't have two minutes to wait around.

If you do get past the two minutes, the Second Step is to apply the moisturizing gloss and thank the heavens for this gloss because without it, the color's formula is extremely drying to the lips. It feels as if the color is tightening and shrinking the lips. The gloss alleviates the tightness and makes the color more comfortable to wear. It also provides an intense glossy shine on top. 
The gloss will need to be reapplied once you eat or drink because it will fade away. You will notice the gloss has faded because the tightness will return to the lips. Just gloss up and you are good to go. The color on the other hand actually stays on. It doesn't look as perfect as when you applied it, but the fading is not be very noticeable unless someone makes it a point to analyze your lips from a five inch distance. 

I have to say, I do like this. My skepticism towards these products has definitely faded and I already bought another kind of these two-step lip products to test out (e.l.f studio lip stains). 

What is your favorite 2-step lip products? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hauteher tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review