Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain Review

I just want to say that I am so happy I got these for free. Both of them came with a Revlon ColorStay OverTime Lipcolor. The reason on why I am glad I did not pay full price for them is that these lip products are high maintenance.



By high-maintanence, I mean that it takes time and effort to make these Moisture Stains look good on the lips. Straight out of the doe-foot applicator the product just glops on the lips. It's very uneven and thick. You literally have to go over it 20 times to sheer and even the color out. So this is definitely not a quick on-the-go gloss. 

It is also a good idea to really sheer out the product because it does consolidate and separate as you can see by the swatches on my hand.

They are also have a strong chemical scent to them, but you don't really smell it once its on your lips.

The two colors I bought are:





London Posh (a golden shimmery coral). This gloss actually looks great on other colors. It provides a nice fresh tint and shine on darker colors. However, I don't like wearing it by itself because I feel that the color is a little too coral for my taste.








Parisian Passion (a deep purple burgundy). This color is just beautiful and rich. It is a shame that this formula does not want to stay put. As you can see by my photos, the product is already separating, and I took the pictures only two minutes after application. The only nice thing I can say about the Parisian Passion is that it does leave a lasting stain on the lips.






These are not bad glosses when it comes to comfortability. The gloss does keep your lips moisturized and gives the lips a great shine. However, that don't matter if the colors look patchy and uneven. These lip stains are not my cup of tea and I do not recommend them. However, Revlon do have a lot of other great lip products in their line, such as their Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors.

Have you tried these Moisture Stains from Revlon yet? How did they work out for you? And what colors did you get? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review