Highlighters: L'oreal True Match Lumi Glow Illuminators (Powder + Liquid)

This collection of liquid and powder highlighters from +L'Oréal's True Match Lumi Line has quickly become one of my favorite highlighters from the drugstore.

Main reason to why is the fact that each product is  multifunctional!

The liquids can be used as a face or eye primer, as well as, a face or body highlighters. The powders can be used as eyeshadows, as well as, a face or body shimmers. I just love it when a beauty product can work well in many different ways.

There are three colors to choose from that is available in both "Liquid" and "Powder" form: Ice, Rose & Golden. Each retail at $12.99 a piece.

Let's take a look at each color starting with the cool color called "Ice".
Ice is the perfect description for these products because all the shades are what you would consider Icy and Cool. The products gives the skin a beautiful frosty shimmer and are perfect for cool skin tones.

Even though I am on the warmer skin tone side, I still love it as a primer especially with a matte foundation on top. The Ice Lumi Liquid's icy color peeks through the foundation just enough to give the skin a luminous shine.

RELATED POST: Tutorial: Contour & Highlight with "ICE" New L'oreal Lumi Liquid & Powder Illuminators

The only problem I had with the powder palette is that all the shades are too similar. So creating an eye look or layering them on the cheeks are a bit redundant since they just mesh together and look like a single color.

Now for the "Rose" color.
 I personally wouldn't wear the liquid as a face primer because it does leave a rosy tint to the skin, which I do not like, but if you like a rosy-glow undertone, than you may want to try it as a face primer. When it comes to personal preference, it's really to each their own. However, I love using the liquid as an eye primer especially when I use it with like-color shadows.

RELATED POST: Tutorial: Illuminating Rose using L'oreal True Match Lumi Illuminators in Rose

 The powder palette colors are great as a soft-rosy, shimmery blush/highlight. I love the way the powders make my skin glow in a blushing way. With this on, my skin looks incredible fresh and youthful.


















Finally, the "Golden" color, which happens to be my favorite, because I find these products to be the most versatile of the three.

The liquid looks quite scary right out of the tube and you may think that it will make your skin look metallic, but once you blend it out, your skin is left with this amazing, golden shimmery glow. It looks great under foundation and as an eye primer.


RELATED POST: "Strobing" with L'oreal True Match Lumi "Golden" Glow Illuminators

What I like to do with the powder palette is to layer it on my cheeks. Because of how different each color is, you can create depth on your face to create the perfect dimensional glow. If you are confused about what I mean by layering, just click on the link above titled, "Strobing with L'oreal Lumi Golden Illuminators" and you will see first hand on how I use these products!

If you haven't tried out these illuminators I will definitely say do go and pick some up when you can. They blend beautifully, and the colors in the powder palettes work wonderfully together because they are within the same color tone. If you are into "Strobing", you will definitely like these!

What are your thought on these L'oreal Lumi Illuminators?
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review