Formula X & Kat Von D Collab: MERCY

This is the very first collaboration between Sephora's Formula X Nails and Kat Von D!

So what Formula X did was create matching nail polish colors with a few of Kat Von D's popular Studded Kiss Lipsticks and this is my first impressions on the color "Mercy", a Romantic Garnet Berry color. There are a total of 8 duos (Nailpolish + Lipstick Minis, $15) available.

This is also my first time trying out Formula X's Nailpolishes and Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipsticks.

My Main focus is to see if Formula X did a good job at recreating Kat Von D's lipstick shades in the form of nail polishes.

The answer for "Mercy" is CLOSE ENOUGH!

The Nailpolish is a bit deeper in berry-tone but the overall "Garnet Berry" color was undeniably similar to Kat Von D's Lipstick. It even has the same pink/purple shimmer. It definitely compliments the lipstick and is the perfect duo for a sexy romantic date night.


My first impression of Formula X Nailpolish formula is excellent! Even though the applicator brush is tinier than I would like, the product glided on the nails beautifully, and two coats did the trick with a quick dry time. Longevity-wise is 5-days of wear with minimal fading at the edges. Of course I tested it out without a base or top coat.

RELATED POST: KAT VON D "Tattoo Liner" Review

My first impression of Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick is simply "WOW!" The first thing that I noticed when I opened the bullet was the sweet warm lovely scent! The I applied it to the lips and instantly noticed a difference in the way it felt on my lips. The lipstick texture that I am used to have a bit of a slick and creamy texture, but Kat Von D's lipstick actually felt a bit dry. Nevertheless, the product glided on the lips effortlessly with great pigmentation. Mercy is a beautiful vampy berry color with a holographic pink & purple sheen when it catches the light (something that the nail polish is missing). The lipstick wore well and I can not wait to test out three more of the colors I bought in this collection. 

Have you seen these at your local Sephora yet? If so, do test out the colors if you get a chance! 
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review