Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady Makeup Review


I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this foundation yet! I remember using this foundation when it first came out and I remember loving the natural finish even though the wear time is not that long.

After using it again after so many years, I immediately fell back in love with it. I forgot how great the way it makes my skin look. The coverage is light to medium, but it's one of those foundation that can be layered for a more full coverage look without creating a cakey look. It is also very easy to blend into the skin, and sets to a beautiful smooth cream. It does need to be set with powder to really set in the makeup.


The only problem I have with this foundation is that it does not last for a full 8 hours. It starts wearing off around 5 hours, and it does travel into the crevices and lines of your face. At the end of the day, I would find bunches of foundation around my nose area. However, don't let this bit of information scare you because it actually sounds a lot worst than it looks.


If you look closely at the foundation, you can visually see shimmer in the foundation, so you can imagine what you look like in the sun, can anyone say Twilight Vampire? So I would not wear this when it is sunny out. I actually use this for special events and parties that I know will last about 3-4 hours, because it really does give your skin a beautiful airbrushed look, but my skin still looks natural with a healthy glow.  It also contains SPF 20, so if might not fare too well with flash photography, but I never had a problem with it. Because of the shimmer, my skin looks exceptionally pretty under fluorescent lighting. 

This is definitely one of my favorite drugstore foundations.

What is your favorite drugstore foundation? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review