Setting Powder: Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder Review

I had a feeling that I was going to like this Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder immediately after unscrewing the lid. I think I fell in love when I rubbed some of the powder between my fingers. The powder felt soft and smooth, and it didn't feel like a poorly over-milled powder either. I knew I had to test it out right away! 

So I did and just as predicted, I fell in love with the very first use. 


The powder not only set my makeup, but the finish it gave my skin is this amazingly smooth, airbrushed, matte look! My skin already looked pretty good after I applied on foundation, but this powder added the finishing touches that made the skin look 100x more amazing. It's really hard to describe how my skin really looked, you will just have to try it yourself and see.


One of the main concerns about these stark white powders is that it can create a white cast over your face. It is mostly noticeably in flash photography, but since we are all living in the era of selfies, this problem is more problematic than say, 10 years ago. This powder create that white, bright cast if your apply too much. However a thin layer is all you need to set your foundation. So what I do is pour a tiny amount of powder on the cap and use a fluffy kabuki brush to dust on the powder. It evenly distributes just enough product to set the makeup while having the powder stay translucent.


I am really liking this setting powder. I like it so much that I have been neglecting my beloved Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher that I have been using forever now. If you are in need of a new setting powder, and you enjoy a matte finish, this may be the product for you. It is on the pricier side of Maybelline, retailing at $12.99, but this will last you forever because a little goes a long way!

Do you prefer pressed setting powders or loose setting powders?
Let me know in the comments! I, myself enjoy pressed powders more!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review