Nails: L'oreal Infallible Pro Long Nail Color "24 Carat"

Another duo-ended, two-step makeup product from the L'oreal Infallible Pro Line. The first one I have tried was the Infallible Pro Last Lip Color, which was not my cup of tea. After experiencing that let down I was a bit hesitant to give these two-step nail colors a try even though they are completely different things.


Then...I got sucked into a beautiful new L'oreal display at the drugstore with these Infallible Pro Long Nail Colors right in front of my face and this particular color, 24 Carat, screamed out my name and I took it home with me right then and there.

L'oreal claims that these nail colors wear up to 14-says, are chip resistant and scuff resistant...personally I wish companies will stop with these claims like, 14-days of wear because this did not last for 14 days (the top coat is actually not that great). There was chipping, scuffing and fading by day 5 (which is pretty normal for the majority of nail polishes I have tested out without a top and base coat)...but then again this polish came with a top coat, and it still chipped by day five, hence why I said the top coat is not that great.

RELATED POST: L'oreal Infallible Pro Line Overview 2015



What I like about this polish is the gorgeous color. It truly coats your nails with an opaque layer of pale-gold foil. It also dries at a reasonable time and it lasts a good week with a few dings but nothing too drastic. Of coarse, this polish is a light colored polish, so chipping and fading looks a bit more forgiving versus a darker colored polish. 

This polish definitely opened my mind to trying out more of their colors because L'oreal has a few interesting color combinations, like their "Berry Chic" combo of  a Berry Base and a Blue Top Coat. 

Have you tried any of the 18 colors +L'OrĂ©al has available? If so, please tell me which one and how you like it. I would love to know your opinions! 

Happy Wandering! Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review