How I "STROBE" with L'oreal True Match Lumi Golden Powder Glow Illuminators

Click to Watch: Tutorial on this Makeup Look
Strobing is just another term for "Highlighting", and the opposite of "Contouring". Instead of bringing in features, you are bringing out features. The difference between Strobing and simple Highlighting is that Strobing is on the extreme side of Highlighting, meaning there is a whole lot of highlighting going on.

And I think I found the perfect drugstore palette for Strobing, and it is the +L'OrĂ©al True Match Lumi "Golden" Powder Glow Illuminator.
The reason why I consider this the "King of Drugstore Stobing" is the fact that you have everything you need in one palette. The four powders it contains are all so different and perfect for each other, that you can layer them on top of each other to create a beautiful dimensional highlight on your face.

RELATED POST: Tutorial: Illuminating Rose using L'oreal True Match Lumi Illuminators in Rose

 So here are the steps I take to achieve my desired Strobing Glow. 

So the first color I use as a base is that dark shimmery brown to lightly contour the face. You usually would like a matte bronzer or contour shadow, but this powder is so subtle once it smooths out, you can hardly notice it!

Now let's really start with the Strobing. I am first going to take that champagne pink highlight shade to apply on the cheeks and drag it towards the temple. This will be the base color for the more rosy-bronze shade that I will be applying on next.

With the same brush, I picked up some of the rosy-bronze highlight and popped it right at the apples of the cheeks before blending it out, giving the cheeks a beautiful rosy-glow.

Then with a fan brush, I swiped some of the golden shimmer on the cheeks bones, as well as along the bridge of my nose.

Then taking the Champagne Pink highlight again, I applied it to the rest of the high points of my face which includes, the forehead, the tip of the nose and the chin.
Here are the final results. Highlighting the skin with a little contour creates such a bright and youthful look, which is why I am a huge fan of highlighters. Even with all that highlighting powder layered on, the look still looks soft but the skin looks radiant.

How do you strobe? List your favorite products that you like to use in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review