Matte Foundations: Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation & Cushion Review

Here are the newest additions to the +Maybelline Dream Line! This time they did not only add a new Matte Foundation, but there is a sponge blender to go with it (sold separately).

Click Link to Watch "(Q+H) Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation & Cushion Review"


There is not much I want to say about the $7.99 Dream Blender because I have nothing good to say about it and I don't like bashing products just because it I didn't work for me. However, this is a review so I will let you know why I don't like it. First off, it does a terrible job at applying foundation. Even though I wet the blender with water first, the sponge still soaked up a lot of my foundation leaving the application quite streaky. Even though this applicator is quite cute, it was a complete fail in my book.


Now let's talk about the product that I do like, in fact, I almost love it, the Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation!

This is a pretty heavy coverage foundation for me. I usually like my foundations to be light and sheer, but because of how lightweight and flexible the product is on my face, I happen to enjoy wearing it. It also does not look like I have a ton of foundation on. Usually with heavy coverage foundations, I feel like I am wearing a mask (it's mainly due to the fact that I am not used to the heavy-coverage look), and I just don't feel comfortable with that much on my face. However, this foundation looks quite natural, but it also covers the majority of my imperfections. It is a velvet-matte finish, so the look is not completely without shine; there is a naturalness to the overall finish which is probably the reason why I like it. 


You do need to set this with a powder, but once it is set the foundation will last for hours on end. 

I am very impressed with this foundation. Not only is the coverage beautiful, but it is comfortable on the skin. It doesn't fade or move about on your face as you wear it throughout the day. I highly recommend this for those that have combination skin because this foundation is what you would consider a moisturizing matte where it won't dry out the skin but it will keep your oils in check. 

Have you tried this foundation yet? How do you like it on your skin type? 
Let me know in the comments! I would love to know if it will work on oily or dry skin types as well!

Happy Wandering, Alice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review