Contour Kits: Maybelline Master Contour Face Contouring Kits Review

When it comes to contouring my face, I enjoy a light and subtle contour. With this Maybelline Face Studio I can not achieve that subtleness without being extremely careful because these are extremely pigmented! 

Click here to see my First Impression Reaction when I used this product. 


There are two different palettes that are available at the moment: #10 Light to Medium & #20 Medium to Deep, and I bought both of them. 

The Light to Medium definitely fits my skintone better. It is also on the cooler side with a taupey-contour powder, a nice, cool-tone pink blush, and a champagne highlight.

The Medium to Dark Palette is on the warmer side with deep burnt-reddish-brown contour powder, a golden undertone coral blush, and a bronzy peach-highlight. 

The texture of the powders in both palettes are very soft and smooth. It does create a lot of fall out when the brush hits the pan, so the palette does look a bit messy and dusty after every use.

RELATED POST: What's New in Maybelline Cosmetics (2016)?

The Pigmentation payoff is intense! Using a light-hand is highly recommended. But if you do happen to apply on too much like I did, it does buff out decently, and if it still looks too harsh, blend it further with some translucent powder and you will be good to go. The powders work great as eyeshadows as well, in fact I think the contour shades work better as an eyeshadow than as a contour powder.

All-in-all, this is not a bad contour kit. I do prefer the L'oreal Infallible Pro Contour Kit more, because of how easy and mistake-proof it is compared to the Maybelline. I do like the fact that it has a blush, unlike the L'oreal that only came with the contour and highlighter powders. 

These kits also come with a small brush that is great for contouring the smaller areas, like the nose and inner eye area.

These kits are not my favorite but you get a lot for your buck! These Maybelline Master Contour Face Contouring Kits retail at $12.99. Not only do you get a contour powder and highlight, you also get a blush. They are all highly pigmented powders. My issues with them are that they need time and attention to apply, and the colors did not fit as great for my skintone as other contour kits I have tried.

If you are the type that enjoys a good, sharp contour and rosy cheeks, than you may like these kits.

What do you look for in your contour kits? Let me know by leaving a comment!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review