Eyeliners: (NEW) Maybelline Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencils

Waterproof Gel Eyeliners are my favorite "pencil" eyeliners to use. I love the silky textures and the intensity of colors, as well as the longevity of the color on the waterline that Gel Pencil Liners give. So I was very happy to see Maybelline coming out with their version of these gel liners.

These retail at $7.99 a liner, and the texture is just how I like them. They are creamy and glide on like a smooth dream, just like the L'oreal ones I enjoy so much.

It was really not a surprise that these performed great because +Maybelline is under the same umbrella corporation as +L'OrĂ©al and L'oreal's Silkissime Gel Liners have been a favorite of mine since they first came out. The great thing about the Maybelline Liners versus the L'oreal ones is that they are $2.00 cheaper. However, there are a few colors from the L'oreal line that the Maybelline does not have, like the L'oreal Silkissime Eyeliner in the Highlighter color, which happens to be my favorite waterline color to truly brighten up the eyes as well as give the eyes a hint of sparkle.


Back on the subject of Maybelline's Eyestudio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencils, here are the swatches of four colors that I bought so far of the ten colors that are available.

Colors from top to bottom are: Sleek Onyx (Black), Glossy Emerald, Soft Nude, Cashmere White.


All, except Cashmere White apply on beautifully and opaque. The Cashmere White is a bit streaky, but it is still a nice vibrant white color that glides on without tugging. The rest also applies on smoothly with great pigmentation. The Sleek Onyx also smudges a bit throughout the day, especially when I tight-line my eyes with it, but overall I quite enjoy the formula.

These are great if you want a pop of color for a nude or a smokey eye look. The Glossy Emerald will give a beautiful shimmer of color and the Soft Nude is the perfect natural color to widen the look of your eyes. However, these do not last long on the waterline, which is unfortunate because soft nude is the perfect skin-tone color to really open up the eyes.

I do enjoy using these liners from time to time, especially for a pop of color. I do recommend purchasing the more colorful pencils versus your average black and brown liners. I do not believe these are the best gel liners I have tried, but they are on the more affordable side of drugstore prices with a great color selection.

Have you tried these Maybelline Waterproof Gel Pencil Liners yet? How do you like the formula and colors? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review