"Contour & Highlight" using L'oreal Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette and L'oreal True Match Lumi Glow Illuminators in "ICE"

So keeping on the New +L'Oréal Cosmetics kick, today's post I will be sharing with you on how I use L'oreal's Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette and L'oreal True Match Lumi Glow Illuminators in "ICE" to contour and highlight my face. 
Click link to watch "Video Tutorial" of this "Contour & Highlight" using L'oreal Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette and L'oreal True Match Lumi Glow Illuminators in "ICE" look.
These products made this task extremely easy because they blend out like a dream. So let's begin with the tutorial!
Step #1: Creating a flawless canvas for the contour and highlight products to go on. 

The foundation I am using is another one of L'oreal's new beauties, the True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation.


Step #2: CONTOURING.

I am using the "Light" version of the Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette (it comes in 3 shades) because the cool-tone contour powder happens to be the perfect shade to create the nessecary shadows in contouring my face. With the highlight powder I dusted it on my cheeks so that it will act as an illuminate-base for my blush.

Step #3: HIGHLIGHTING TIME!
For actually highlighting my face I used the L'oreal True Match Lumi Glow Liquid & Powder Illuminators in "ICE", frosty cool-tone colors.

I first took the cool-tone peach color from the Lumi Glow "POWDER" Illuminator (the compact comes with four powder colors), and applied it to the highpoints of the face and blended it out. You can use a brush to blend the powder, but I find the fingers disperses the product a lot quicker.

Then with the Lumi Glow "LIQUID" Illuminator, I dabbed it on my cheekbones, my favorite way of using it. Even though straight out of the tube, the frostiness of the color looks scary and intense, but it does shears out to a beautiful light sheen. The only thing is that you will need to work fast, because this liquid dries very quickly. 
**Note: These "Ice" Highlighting Illuminators are made for the cool skin tones, but it still looks nice on my skin tone and I am on the warmer side. **

RELATED POST: L'oreal Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Kit

And the look is finished! I just love how subtle it is. The contour is light but effective, and the highlighters does a great job at providing my face with a iridescent sheen.

I hope this tutorial gave you more of an idea on how these new L'oreal products work and apply on the skin. I am very impressed with L'oreal this year. They are really knocking it out of the ball park...although I noticed that their new products are getting more and more pricier. $12.99 for each of the Illuminators and Contour Palettes, and the Foundation Cushion is priced at $16.99. It's a bit steep for the drugstore, if you ask me.

Have you tried any of the products mentioned yet? How do you like them?
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review