High End v. Drugstore: M.A.C 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush v. e.l.f Studio Small Stipple Brush

One brush is $42.00 and the other brush is $3.00.
Click to Watch video review of: M.A.C 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush v. e.l.f Studio Small Stipple Brush
Visually they look quite similar, and that is the reason why I decided to compare these two to each other. Holding them both in my hands, I can feel the quality different between each brush. The M.A.C 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush ($42.00) is significantly heavier and the hairs are a lot more dense than the e.l.f Studio Small Stipple Brush ($3.00). According to +MAC Cosmetics, the hairs of their brushes are all hand cut by professionals. For $42.00, I say they better be!
Even though +e.l.f. Cosmetics stipple brush is not made with the same attention that M.A.C's brush received, it still applies liquid makeup just as nicely as the MAC. It does take a little longer to blend in the product due to its longer and sparser brush hairs, but ultimately it still gives the face a beautiful airbrushed finish. They also shed about the same too which is sad on the M.A.C's part because I expected better from a $42.00 brush.
So which one do I prefer to use? I prefer the $3.00 e.l.f brush and here is why. The MAC brush hairs are actually quite coarse and it scratches my face when I use it. Initially I thought I just have to wash and break in the hairs, but I have had the brush for three years now and it has gone through many washes, but the hairs are still rough. The e.l.f brush on the other hand, the hairs have been soft since the very beginning. So because of comfort, I use the e.l.f's small stipple brush a lot more than the M.A.C 130.

Have you tried the M.A.C 130 brush yet? Are the hairs coarse or is it just my brush? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review