BB Creams: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream!

For some reason I didn't think I was going to like this +Maybelline BB Cream. I don't know why I had decided that when I haven't even tried the product yet! Shame on me for that because after a few wears, I find myself wanting to wear it more and more! 


Cream consists of 8 skin benefits:

-Clears skin (contains 2% Salicylic Acid)
-Conceals imperfections
-Minimizes looks of pores.
-Reduces appearance of redness.
-Adjusts to skintone.
-Hydrates and smoothes.
-Enhances the skin.
-Is oil-free, with lightweight feel.

From experience, I really enjoy the coverage it gives my skin! It doesn't cover everything since it is light coverage, but it covers just enough where you skin looks like your skin, just more enhanced. The redness is gone, your blemishes are smaller, and your overall complexion is evened out.

This BB is also very easy to blend! You don't need a fancy brush or a sponge to get a flawless application. My fingers are my choice tools for this BB. So it is a great no hassle face product. However, you can't just slap this on and go, because even though it claims to be oil-free, this BB is still a BB Cream, so it is moisturizing, and will leave your skin feeling a bit tacky and shiny. My cousin also recently purchased this BB Cream, she enjoys the light coverage but she also acknowledges her dislike on the tackiness and shininess the Cream leaves on her skin, but it's nothing a little powder can't fix. 


What makes this Beauty Balm different from the Beauty Balms Maybelline has to offer is that this contains 2% Salicylic Acid, which helps with the clearing of the skin. I have been wearing this product for about a week, and I really did not see any difference on my skin. In fact I had a few extra pimples that week, but to the BB's defense I was on my unbalanced hormonal time of the month. However, that does not excuse my cousin's experience with the product. She used it for three straight weeks, and it did not do anything for her problem spots. Maybe 2% Salicylic Acid is just not strong enough for the girls in our family. 

All-in-all, even though it probably won't do too much with clearing my face, I do like the natural coverage it gives me. On my skin, this BB actually lasts for most of my day (8 hrs), and I love how easy it is to apply. There are 5 different shades available, and since it is one of those special skintone adjusting products, just choose the shade that fits you the best, and let the BB do the rest. It does oxidize a bit after a few hours of wear, so be aware of that. However, the color change is not too drastic for me that I would never wear it again. I have tried some BB Creams that oxidizes to a crazy orange (Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Cream)! Now that's a color you don't want to change into!

Have you tried this BB Cream yet? Did the Salicylic Acid work for you? Let me know!
Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

  1. Great review!
    I ve never tested it before but I ve heard a lot about it.
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2015/12/ma-lettre-au-pere-noel-my-letter-to-santa-claus.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review