Contour: e.l.f Studio Contour Palette

Finally an affordable contour palette that is available in the drugstore market! Introducing the eyeslipsface Studio Contour Palette!


The packaging is the same as the rest of Eyeslipsface Studio Face Palettes, which included the: Blush Palettes, Foundation Palettes and Bronzer Palettes, and they all costs $6.00. 

At first, I didn't like this product at all. I didn't like how messy it made my work station when I use the highlighter. Every time I dip my fan brush into it, it would kick up a load of product where it leaves a layer of highlighter dust all over my table. What a mess! 

However, after using it a couple more times, I ended up really liking the performance of this palette. I don't use all the shades because they don't all work for my skin tone, but the two that I do use which are the top left highlighter and the bottom right contour powder, are just amazing. 


The top left highlighter is in fact the messy powder I was initially complaining about. I learned to overlook it because of the beautiful sheen it gives my cheek bones. It provides my skin with this amazing whitish-gold-shimmer glow! It is probably one of my favorite highlights thus far.

The bottom right cool-tone contour shade gives my face the right amount of color that sculpts my face without it looking too harsh. One of my pet peeves about contouring is that some bronzers are just too sharp, and the overall look just does not look natural. However, this powder is dark enough to make a difference on my face, but light enough to look natural and the powder is easy enough to blend out. 

If you are a darker skin tone than me (I fit most light-medium shades), I am afraid that the contour shadows will not show up on your skin. One of the mistakes that e.l.f continues to make with their faces products is not creating a larger range of color that will fit most skintones. 

Overall, I am glad that I gave this palette a second chance. If I dismissed it after my first impression on it, I would have never known what it could really do! So second chances are a must in the world of beauty, unless it gave you a terrible rash, I wouldn't bother giving it a second chance.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Keep writing amazing Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! Thank you so much for all your support! xo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review