Tutorial: Gold "El Dorado" Urban Decay Inspired

This Fantasy Golden Look is inspired by +Urban Decay Cosmetics "El Dorado", a Yellow Gold with Gold Shimmer color. I loved how strong and opaque the gold liner is and wanted to reflect that in a makeup look. Since I am drawn to fantasy looks, this look ended up from my fantasy-imagination.

Here is how I achieved this look!

Step 1: Creating a flawless canvas since a fantasy character always have perfect skin!
I didn't use a foundation for this part, just a really good concealer, and blended it out with a damp Beauty Blender. For more problematic areas, I just dabbed a bit on the spots that needed more coverage and blended it again with the Beauty Blender in patting motions.

Step 2: Applying the Golden Base, our star color.
Using a yellow-gold cream, I patted this all over my eye area and brought it down to my cheeks. I wanted a faint, gold skin look, as if my skin has a golden tint to it.

Step 3: Eyebrows!!
First I filled my eyebrows like a usually do, and then with the "El Dorado" eyeliner, I applied it to the brows, giving the hairs a faint golden sheen.

Step 4: Deepening the Eye Area up to give it more dimension.
I used a Cool-tone bronzy-gold shadow to deepened my crease area and I swiped some of the same shadow along the lower eye area.

Step 5: Creating the Wing-Liner
Using the old "Tape Trick", I applied a thick black cat-wing to the eyes before tracing the top with "El Dorado". The tape helps you create a perfect wing without you having to be careful about applying the liner on.

Step 6: Finishing the Eyes
I applied Mascara and some awesome wiskful false-lashes to the top lashes. And for the bottom lash line, I applied a black kohl liner to the waterline and then some more of "El Dorado" to give it a golden sparkle. 

Now the Eyes are complete! Time for the face!

Step 7: Blush, Contour, Highlight
Adding blush for some needed color to the face, and then contouring and highlighting to angulate my features a bit more for that fantasy elfish look. 

Step #8: Lips
I kept the base color matte and nude, and at the center of the lips, I patted some more of the gold cream makeup.

Step#9: Finishing Touches
Add some more gold and contouring to the neck and shoulders. Then, put on my DIY Gold "el Dorado" Headpiece, and the look is complete!

I hope you enjoyed this look!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review