Tutorial: Urban Decay Vice4 "Grasshopper" Eye Look

"Grasshopper" is my favorite shadow from the Urban Decay Vice4 Palette. So it is only fitting that I come out with an eye look starring this shadow! 
And here is how I accomplished this look!

Step #1: Shadow-Bitter
With a fluffy blending brush, I applied this reddish-brown matte to my crease, and blended it until it look soft and dispersed. I just wanted this to be a base shadow, where not a lot of the color will be visible once the look is complete, but it will give the overall look dimension and depth.

Step #2: Shadow-Grasshopper
With a flat shadow brush, I patted the "Star" of this look,which is this beautiful metallic emerald with green micro-glitter, to the lids. Then I used the fluffy brush I used in Step #1 to blend the shadow edges together.

Step #3: Shadow-Delete
For a deeper looking crease, I used a more dense blending brush to apply this matte, deep chestnut brown to the crease, and I blended the crease again with the brush I used in Step #1.

Step #4: Lower Lashline
With a precision brush, I again took the matte, deep chestnut brown (Delete) and placed this on the lower lash line. I also used the shadow to create a small wing right under the emerald green shadow, Grasshopper.

Step #5: Shadow-Flame
Then I dampened the precision brush with some face spray and picked up the glitter shadow, Flame, a bright orange shadow with gold micro-glitter, and placed this right on top of Delete, at the lower lash line. I dampened the brush to help prevent glitter fall out, and it helps intensify the color of the shadow. Flame on top of Delete creates this beautiful, deep-orange brown color with gold shimmer.
(I might just do another look using this combo!)

Step #6: Shadow-Framed
Now to brighten up the eyes, I used a short shadow brush to apply this light neutral matte-satin shadow to my brow bones and inner corners.

Step #7: Lining the Eyes
Finally I defined the shape of my eyes by tight-lining the waterline with a black coal liner. With a liquid felt-tip liner, I lined the upper lash line, making sure my wing is connected with the wing I created earlier on the lower lash line with the shadow, Delete.

Step #8: The Lashes
Final steps were to curl the lashes and add mascara.

And the look is complete!
As usual with tutorials, I do have a video, if you are interested in watching me do these steps, please click on the link I have provided! "Urban Decay Vice4 "Grasshopper" Eye Look!

For my last tutorial using the Urban Decay Vice4 Palette, click here, "Wearable Browns" Eye Look.

I hope you enjoy this look!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review