Foundations: e.l.f Studio "Foundation" Palette Review


The idea of being about to mix different foundations together to get your perfect shade is intriguing and very practical. So when e.l.f came out with an affordable ($6.00) foundation palette, I knew I had to try it. 

After playing with the palette a little, I soon found how versatile this palette can be. It can be a foundation, a concealer, and even a cream contour and highlight palette, depending of which palette you buy. This palette comes in three sets of colors; fair/light, light/medium, and medium/dark. I have the light/medium palette, which happens to be perfect for my skin tone.

Even though I am in love with its concept, this foundation palette did not work for me. Maybe it's me because I'm not a huge fan of cream foundations to begin with, however, here are the reasons why I did not like this product.

#1. No matter what tools I use to apply this with, fingers or Beauty Blender, the foundation still makes me look cakey. The consistency of the foundation feels thin to the touch, but it lays heavily on the skin. It has medium coverage, so the coverage is good, however, layering to get full coverage is out of the question. I thought using my Beauty Blender would help with the heaviness of the foundation, since a damp makeup sponge works great as a foundation sheerer, but no such luck.

#2. The foundation creases and sinks into the pores and fine lines even when I use a face primer and powder after application. My chin is a favorite spot for the foundation to migrate too, and that's a bad spot for me because my chin is where I have some of my most problematic areas with pores and acne. The good news is, is that it is easy to blend back out the foundation build up. It's just a hassle to have to check your reflection every hour just to make sure your makeup did not shift. And don't get me started on how my dry areas look like after a few hours.

#3. It wears off easily even if I set it with a setting powder. Powdering actually do elongate the time of wear, but after three or fours hours, I can see where the foundation has disappeared around face, mainly my cheeks and temple area. 
I love the fact that I can mix the colors together and be able to use it year round, but if the product doesn't look good on me, it's just no good. I am sorely disappointed because I really wanted to like this palette since it is my first time owning something like this.

Have you tried this palette from e.l.f yet? Did it work for you? Let me know in the comments! 
Happy Wandering, Alice

Comments

  1. This is amazing..someone who don't find the suitable shade for their skin ,can mix these up to make their perfect foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered this for a challenge about a year ago, I used to buy all Anastasia, Huda, and Mac makeup. So I was challenged to use all drugstore products, so I chose to use e.l.f. because I heard a lot of good things about it. This product is one I know use regularly and I use it along with their Matte Mist and Set Spray. It works well for me due to my dry skin. If you have combination skin it might work, but oily skin it will rub off fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this today. Ive watched different reviews, some say it’s good and some say it’s bad. Since ive already payed for it and lost the recite theres no turning back. My skin type is Combination i think. I’m more on the Normal to Dry side in the winter and Normal to Oily in the summer. I mainly wanted to use this foundation under my eyes and places i have discoloration. Since i can mix colors it seems so perfect. I also wanted to use it to conceal around my brows.

    I can uptade when ive tried the product. I hope it’s good :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review