Lip Balm: CAILYN Tinted Lip Balm

Isn't the packaging unique? It is bulky and unusual, but I find myself really liking it. I also like the built-in brush, which is necessary for this product, or application of this Lip Balm Tint can get quite messy. Precision is key when putting these on.

Not only is the packaging unique, but the formula is also quite one of a kind. CAILYN actually has an incredible claim for these lip balms, and after testing the two that I own out, I have to say, that the claim is completely true!

CAILYN claims that these lip balms stay on the lips with intense matte color due to their advanced technology called "3D Smart Film Former, that preserves color vibrancy without having to touch up the lips all day long." 

And the colors do stay on the lips! The ones that I own are, Big Apple & Acid Pink, and they are rich in pigmentation! Here are a the swatches!
Acid Pink
Big Apple
The only con I have for this product is for it claiming to be a "LIP BALM", it is not moisturizing at all. This should have been called a "lip paint" or a "lip stick", something that would be more appropriate for the kind of texture and the kind of feel these lip products have. These lip balms are actually quite drying to the lips. Application process was nice and felt almost creamy, but putting this on took a while since being precise is key to looking decent. Once it sets, the lips look like you had put on one of those cosmetic lip tattoos.  The color actually looks like you can peel it off, but of course you can not.

 When I tested out the Acid Pink, I decided not to add a gloss over it even though my lips felt a bit uncomfortable. After an hour of wear, the color still looked amazing, but my comfort level became unbearable, so I applied a clear gloss over it. Immediately after gloss application, the Acid Pink color started to bleed into my fine lines! That concludes the fact that the next time I wear these CAILYN lip balms, I will need to first moisturize and line my lips. 
Other than that, I love the vibrant colors of Big Apple (True Matte Red) and Acid Pink (Vibrant Matte Pink). I am also very impressed with how long the color last on the lips! After snacking, drinking, and even through dinner, the color is still vibrant as ever...obviously it didn't look as perfect as it initially did, but applying a clear gloss should fix that. 

There are 18 shades available on the CAILYN COSMETICS website at $19.00 a balm.
Honestly, I would love the try out the more nude colors and see how pigmented they are. Maybe I will purchased a few more soon and do an updated swatch post!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. Thank you for this lovely review!
    Love the shades, specially the acd pink one!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the pink! It's beautiful...to bad it made my teeth look yellow...=(...oh and good job on your blog! Keep it up girl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review