Makeup Brushes: Kat Von D "Shade + Light" Contour Brush

Ever since I used the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Brush, I was really curious about the her Shade & Light "Face" Contour Brush. I have been getting into bronzing and contouring my face lately (just to try it out) and I have been loving my e.l.f Angled Blush Brush to apply my bronzer, which is the same size and shape as the "Shade" part of the "Shade + Light" Contour Brush. That was when I knew it was time for me to finally purchase this baby. 

The Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush is a dual-ended brush that is designed with an angled end "Shade" for contouring and a tapered dome-end "Light" for highlighting. Both ends are dual fibered synthetic brushes that are both really soft. This brush is $36.00, and comes in an ugly coffin-like casing (you can tell from my description I am definitely not a fan of the packaging).


I personally like the highlighting end more than the contouring end. I don't find the contouring end to be anymore better than the $5.00 e.l.f Angled Blush Brush that I already have, and I like the e.l.f brush more. However, the highlighting brush is simply wonderful at applying on highlighter. The shape is perfect, and the fibers apply and blend the highlighting powders evenly on the cheekbones. 

That being said, this is still a great double-sided brush and you don't have to limit yourself to using it for just contouring and highlighting. However, I would recommend you to save you money and look for similar brushes. Eyeslipsface has great alternatives to choose from. 

**This Brush was created to be used in conjunction to Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette**
(I will be reviewing the Contour Palette soon!)

Happy Wandering! Alice







Comments

  1. Really lovely brushes!
    thank you for this nice review.
    wish you a fab weekend!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2015/11/une-balade-au-souk-concours-international-a-stroll-to-the-souk-an-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review