Maybelline Master Prime Long Lasting Eyeshadow Bases

These are Maybelline's 1st eyeshadow primers! How exciting is that! 

These come in three different finishes, "Prime + Smooth", "Prime + Illumination" and "Prime + Matte".
Of the three I have bought two to share with you ("Prime + Smooth" and "Prime + Matte").
I tested these out with Maybelline's ExpertWear Eyeshadows (Brand on Brand) and I have to say these primers do prolong the wear of the eyeshadows, but I wouldn't say they help intensify the color of the shadows.
The Prime + Matte is my favorite. It applies on silky smooth and it has a soft pinkish color that helps brighten up the skin as well as conceal any blemishes, discolorations, or apparent veins. Of course, it also dries matte.

The Prime + Smooth is on the shimmery side. It still glides on smoothly even with the micro-shimmers. By itself, the gentle shimmers give the eyes a sweet shine. If you are going to use this with eyeshadows, be sure to only apply a thin layer because the fine shimmer within this primer does not seem to mix well with the powders from the shadows. I notice that it tends to ball up, leaving the eyelids looking clumpy. The shimmer also disappears once the eyeshadows are in place.

I am pretty certain that you have already guessed which one I enjoy over the other for obvious reasons (the Prime + Matte). I happen to enjoy using these by themselves more than what they were meant to be used for. I enjoy the way they perfect the look of the skin while adding a pinkish tone to make your eyes appear brighter.

RELATED POST: Tutorial: 1st Impressions using New Maybelline Makeup (2016)

Overall, these primers are just okay primers. Maybelline gets an A for effort, but a C when compared to other primers that are available in the market. 

I hope you have found this review helpful, and let me know your thoughts on these primers if you have already tried them! 

Happy Wandering, Alice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review