Alexis Bittar for Sephora Collection

This is my introductory piece to Alexis Bittar! I have never heard of Alexis Bittar until his collaboration with Sephora last Holiday Season, where he created a beautiful collection of luxurious makeup brushes. When I first saw the collection my little heart stopped in its tracks with adoration and want.

The collection was beautiful! With clear, smooth handles and gold plated details made the brushes look more like jewelry pieces than makeup brushes; which is not surprising since Alexis Bittar is a well known jewelry designer. 


The downside? These brushes were crazily expensive and I guess everyone had the same thought because right after the Holiday Season I found these brushes on Sephora's sales page. So I finally got my hands on the beautiful Luxurious Powder Brush and Jewelry Inspired Traval Pouch for half the cost!

But was it worth it, even at half the price?
Holding this beautiful piece of work in my hands confirmed how exquisite it looks. The brush has a nice weight to it, the synthetic hairs are soft and dense, and the travel pouch is made of a nice velvet material that is going to be my new travel jewelry holder.


But that was it, the brush was just a pretty piece to display on your vanity.

As a powder brush, it did not perform as great as I had hoped. The heavy unbalanced weight makes it difficult to control the amount of powder I try to apply on. Maybe I'm just not used it, but applying a powder should not be rocket science. I also prefer face powder brushes to be fluffy. This dense brush is better equipped to be used as a blush brush, but because of the weight distribution, it was just as difficult if not more to use, since we are not dealing with a skintone or translucent powder anymore.
Do I regret purchasing it? Since I didn't pay full price for it and the fact that I now have a great travel jewelry holder, I do regret buying this. And this is by far the prettiest brush I own! I definitely will not have trouble displaying it!

Do you have pieces that you bought just for display? If so, what is it?
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review