Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational "Luscious" Mascara

Do you know what this mascara reminds me off? It reminds me of the L'oreal Miss Manga The Rock Mascara, because they both give you hardcore, voluminzing clumps of lashes.



Now I understand that not everyone is into the spider lashes, but if you are, than you might like this mascara, because I find the Maybelline Lash Sensational "Luscious" Mascara to be more smudge-proof than the L'oreal one.


What makes this mascara unique from most drugstore mascaras is that there are three oils infused within the formula. There is Rose Oil to help prevent drying out the lashes, Safflower Oil that is a natural conditioner, and Argan Oil to help nurture and provide brilliance to the lashes. 


I have heard of just Argan Oil in mascara, but Maybelline have went above and beyond and added three oils! I have only used this mascara a couple times and have not notice much of a difference to my lashes in health-wise. I am sure over time, this mascara is better for the lashes than regular mascaras without the oils. But in regards to immediately results, it feels like your regular typical heavy duty mascara. 


The brush also has a unique shape where Maybelline calls the "Fanning Brush", where the center is hollow and the wand is curved from the base to a point at the end, and the walls are lined with skinny, thin rubber bristles. The wand is created to hold a lot of product, so it does not surprise me that it deposits a ton of product onto my lashes. 
The mascara holds the curve, volume and length of the lashes very well. It can easily last up to 12 hours if you let it. It definitely has a lightness to it, especially when I compare it to "The Rock" mascara I mentioned earlier. Layering on the mascara just makes the lashes look more dramatic and because of the oils, your lashes do not feel crunchy! 

Overall, I enjoy the crazy lashes it gives me! I love how malleable the lashes are even with the heavy amount of mascara on. Usually with regular mascaras, the lashes are a bit crunchy. So the difference the oils make are really apparent here. Another reason why I am impressed with this mascara is that it doesn't smudge horribly even though it is infused with three types of oil.

If you like extreme lashes, give this a try! It retails around $7.99, so the price is not bad for a drugstore mascara, and a great drugstore mascara at that.

Have you tried this mascara yet? Or any of Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascaras? How do you like them? Leave me a comment with your thoughts!

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review