High End vs. Drugstore (ep. 3): Lancôme Miracle Cushion vs. L'oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation

So I have been loving these cushion foundations of late, and today I want to compare two sister cushions for you, in a new High End vs. Drugstore Episode.
Video: HighEnd vs.  Drugstore: Lancome Miracle Cushion vs.  L'oreal Lumi Cushion

The reason why I decided to compare these two is because +Lancome and +L'Oréal are under the same corporation, so basically they are sister companies. So why not put these two siblings to the test against each other. A little competition won't hurt.

I just want to quickly say that both of these cushion foundations are excellent and I enjoy using both very much. It's just that I enjoy using one a little more over the other.



Let's talk about the L'oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation first.

This foundation gives your skin a light-coverage, natural dewy complexion. This foundation does need to be set with a powder because it is a moisturizing foundation. So if you have oily skin, make sure to bring your blotting papers!

The problem I had with this foundation was that it did not last very long on my skin. After five or so hours of wear, the foundation starts to fade.






Now the Lancôme Cushion Foundation is very similar to the L'oreal in both light coverage and the need to set right after application. 

A major difference that I have noticed between these two is that the Lancôme Cushion feels a lot more moisturizing on the skin. I noticed that my skin continues to look better and better as the day goes by. I did some research on the foundation and I found out that the Miracle Cushion actually contains skin benefits that you would usually find in BB and CC creams. No wonder my skin looks amazing by the end of the day! 





So can you guess which on I prefer over the other? If you guessed the Lancôme Miracle Cushion, than you are correct.

Not only does the Lancôme Miracle Cushion Foundation gives my skin a brighter complexion, but it stays longer on the skin, and the fact that it has all kinds of skin benefits makes it 10x better!

The major difference between these two products is of course the price point. The L'oreal Lumi Cushion retails at $16.99 while the Lancôme Miracle Cushion retails at $47.00. However,  Lancôme does sells refills at $39.00, which is better than having to pay full price every time you run out.

Of course not everyone wants to spend $39.00 - $47.00 for a cushion foundation, which makes the L'oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation more desirable because it is at a more affordable price. It is also a great foundation for a natural dewy glow. 

Have you tried any of these two Cushion Foundations yet? How do you like them?
Happy Wandering, Alice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review