Lancome: My Parisian Pastels" Shimmer Cube Eyeshadows & Highlighters (2016 Spring Collection)


The "My Parisian Pastels" Shimmer Cube Eyeshadows & Highlighters Palette is inspired by the fun Rubic's Cube which fits the look and playfulness that +Lancome was going for with their 2016 Spring Collection. I love the tin cover art and the concept, but for practicality-wise, it is not so great. Which is a shame since these shimmery shadows are beautiful, and gives the eyes and cheeks a youthful, natural glow that last throughout the day.


This eyeshadow/highlighting palette is made up of 9 shimmery, pastel-colored hard-pressed powders that are placed in 9 separate clear, plastic cube-casings with a lid. Each color is easily removable if you tilt the cube upside down. In fact everything is easily removable which is scary because with one bad drop everything will spill out. Since this palette costs $59.00, it will definitely be a sad day when that happens. 

Another issue I have is with the plastic casings that hold each color. A little bit of the product peeks just above the plastic edge allowing easy access to the powder with any tool you desire (your finger, a fan brush, a blush brush...etc), but what happens when you use that part up and now everything is below the plastic edge? The only tools that can reach the powder are going to be tiny brushes. That is all good for using the colors as eyeshadows, but what happens if you want to use it as a blush or as a highlight?

So it is clear that I am not a fan of the packaging, but it does not mean that I do not like the product.

Swatches (1-9) in order of left to right.
In fact, I absolutely love these shimmery pastel colors! I love the glowy dimensions the powders create on the skin, especially when you layer on the colors. It's not the kind of  shimmer where it is glittery, but the kind that gives the skin an iridescent glow. So these colors are great as highlighters for the eyes and face. 


I do want to point out that numbers 4, 5 & 6 (numbers are labeled at the bottom of the cubes and the back of the tin case) are not recommended to be used near the eyes. 

Also, to get past the horrible package design, I am going to purchase empty round eyeshadows and blush pans, and re-pot the powders in the near future. The tin casing I can use as a pretty display on my table or something similar to that since the art on it is pretty.

Overall, the colors are beautiful, Spring colors and the formula is great. I do recommend this to those that are obsessed with highlighting powders. This is something new and innovative to try. You can layer these shades to create the perfect highlight on your skin for a beautiful glow in the most perfect subtle of ways. 

If there is anything that I recommend from the Lancôme's 2016 Collection, I recommend this because it is something new in design-wise. Even though I am not a huge fan of the way the product is packaged, it is interesting nevertheless.

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review