Tutorial: Get Perfect Red Lips (Under $10.00)!


Today, I will be sharing with you on how to achieve perfect red lips, using products totaling just under $10.00 with e.l.f cosmetics
Step 1: Dampen Lips

The key to wearing red lipstick or any bold lip color is smooth lips. I am one of those unfortunate souls that have a problem with constant dry lips. So the first step is taking a damp cotton square (preferably soaked with warm water) and lay this on top of the lips for about 30-45 seconds. The water should loosen up the dry skin for the next step.


Step 2: Exfoliation 

There are many ways to exfoliate the lips. You can use your toothbrush for the cheapest alternative, but I am using e.l.f Studio Lip Exfoliator ($3.00) for this step. I just ran it up and down my lips to remove any dry skin on my lips. 

Step 3: Moisturize

Make sure to moisturize your lips properly before adding any lip color. I used e.l.f Essential lip Balm Tint ($2.00) for this and I allowed the lip balm to sit on my lips for about 5 minutes, but the longer you wait, the better.

Step 4: Line the Lips

Lining the lips with e.l.f Essential Lipliner ($1.00) will ensure the longevity of the red lip color, as well as, keeping the lipstick from bleeding outside your lip line. I recommend using a lipliner that is similar to the lipstick color you are going to apply. Since I am going to be applying red lipstick, the lipliner I used is red.

Step 5: Lipstick

Finally apply your red lipstick. I decided to use e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color ($3.00) because of its convenient packaging. It's so easy to be precise with this lipstick compared to lipsticks that come in a tube.

 You can go one step further by putting a tissue on your lips and dab some powder on top to set the lipstick to ensure further lasting power. 

And now you have perfect, beautiful red lips!

The total costs of the products that I shared with you in this post comes out to $9.00! 
Of course you can use whatever red lipliner or lipstick or product you have at hand to re-create this look! I hope you have found this tutorial helpful! For the video tutorial, please click on the link provided:
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review