Tutorial: New Years Eve Makeup Look (A Hint of Gold)

It's literally two days before the New Year...well more like a day and a half...but the point is is that 2015 is coming to an end and 2016 is about to begin! Usually most of us celebrate the coming year with a party or a special outing. So for those of you that are still on the hunt for the perfect New Years Eve look, here is one to consider! 


This look is more on the Natural side with a hint of glitz and shine.


So let's begin on recreating this look!


Step 1 is to create a flawless complexion by priming the skin for foundation and concealer. If your foundation is not a matte foundation, or you have trouble with shine, make sure to set your foundation and concealer with a setting powder. 

For primer: I used the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel.
For Foundation: I used the Too Face Born This Way Foundation.
For Finishing Powder: I used Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher.


Step 2 is to fill in the brow like you normally would. I would recommend to keep it on the subtle side. Sometimes a clean brow is all we need.

For the Brows: I used Wet N Wild Ultimate Brow Kit "Ash Brown" & E.l.f Studio Treat & Tame Brow Tint.

Step 3 is to prime the eyes for eyeshadow. Like a face primer, an eye primer helps prolong the wear of your eyeshadows!

For Eye Primer: I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion "Anti-Aging".



Step 4 is to apply your eyeshadows. I wanted to keep the eyes
natural, so I just brightened it up with some eyebrighters from Physicians Formula. If you haven't tried the Physicians Formula's Eyebrighteners yet, please do! They are one of the most beautiful shimmery, multi-colored shadows that really brightens the skin.   


For Shadows: I used the Physicians Formula Eyebrightener Multi-Colored EyeLighter in "Hint of Taupaz" & "Natural Eyelight". I also used Yaby Cosmetics "Sand Dune" on the lids.


Step 5 is adding the eyeliner. First I did the usual black liners to define the eyes. I kept the top liner thin with a small wing at the end and applied some kohl black liner to the waterline. Make sure to use waterproof liners for tonight!

Then for the hint of gold, I also applied some shimmery gold liquid liner to the lower lash line. I love applying color to the lower lash line because the color is subtle but it still make a huge statement. It's a great way to play with color if you are scared of colorful eyeshadow. 

The liners: I used are Urban Decay Ink for Eyes Pen, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil & Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in "El Dorado"

I also applied on some natural false lashes to give the illusion of longer lashes.


Step 6 is to finish up the look with some highlight and blush. 

Step 7 is the lips. I opted to go for a lip stain because New Year Eve is known for the Midnight Kiss, and we don't want to get lipstick or gloss all over our kissing partner. So a lip stain is perfect, because it gives the lips color without the rub off! 

The Blush: I used is from E.l.f Blush Palette "Light".
The Highlighter: I used the E.l.f Contour Palette.
The Lip Tint: J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion (a little bit goes a long way).


And the New Years Eve Makeup Look is complete! If you want to watch the Video Tutorial for this look, please click on the link provided! 

Thank you so much for such a wonderful year and for all your support!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review