Haircare: L'oreal Advanced Haircare "Total Repair 5" Damage Erasing Balm


When it comes to hair masks or deep conditioners or balm types of hair products I'm always hesitant in trying them because more often then not, these intense hair treatments are usually a little too moisturizing or too nourishing for my hair. However, I have been dyeing my hair recently after nearly two years of going natural, so I know that my hair needs a treatment once in while due to the extra damage I am inflicting on it. So I decided to give L'oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm a try since I already have the shampoo & conditioner. 

According to +L'OrĂ©al, this balm contains an ingredient called Ceramide that is suppose to fix 5 common hair problems: 1) Weakness, 2) Dryness, 3) Dullness, 4) Roughness, & 5) Split Ends. L'oreal also claims that this balm will repair up to one year of damage done to the hair with just one use!

I have no way of calculating whether these claims are true or not, but my hair do feel stronger after every use, and boy, is this balm moisturizing. You can tell when a conditioner really moisturizes your hair with the amount of water your hair retains after a hair wash. If your hair feels heavy, even after you squeegee your hair out, then you know that your conditioner is doing its job. With this balm my hair was literally dripping with water and my towel was heavily damped up after drying off my hair, and even then, my hair still had a bit of weight to it. 
When my hair is fully dry, it still feels like a weight is on it, as if a moisture coating is formed around each hair follicle. My hair feels soft and smooth. The only problem is that this balm is very nourishing for my hair, so by the next day I feel like I have to wash my hair again because it feels heavy and a bit oily. 

I use this balm about once a month just to keep my hair healthy, but I dare not use it more than that, so it means it's going to take me ages to use up this huge tube! Overall, I actually quite enjoy using this balm. It's not as heavy as the other one I have tried, which is the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

How do you repair your hair?
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review