Contour Products: Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette

There are so many contour palettes and sets that have come out in the past few months that it was really hard to choose one to try out due to my budget. The deciding factor on placing an order for Kat Von D's contour palette was due to my amazing experience with her eyes "Shade + Light" Contour Palette.


But was it the right choice to make?

I don't know, I don't have much to compare this palette to but I can say one thing, a whole contour palette is a bit excessive for just one person to use, because let's be real, not all of the powders are going to fit our skin tones. If you are a makeup artist, on the other hand, this would be great to use on your clients.

Here are the swatches, presenting Highlighting powders first, then the Contouring powders.

~Highlighters~

 I actually adore all the highlighting powders, even though the third highlighter is more of a natural blush on my skin tone, but they all work one way or another. The first highlight is a great brightening powder, while the second is the perfect shade to bring out my nose bridge and to use to diffuse any of the contour powders if I accidentally put too much on. 

~Contouring Shadows~

The contouring shadows are a hit or a miss. The first contouring powder is the one I use to contour my face with and my favorite. The second one works better as an all-over-face bronzer but can look a bit dirty on my skin. And the third is just way too dark for me to use. I may use it as an eyeshadow instead since it is matte and pigmented, just like the rest of the powders within this face palette.
Other than that, the quality of the powders are incredible! They are all soft, buttery and pigmented but easy to sheer out. They are also easy to layer on top of each other. If you apply on too much bronzer, you can actually use one of the highlighting powders to lighten it up without the layered-powder looking too heavy. The powders actually work very well together, blending beautifully and creating a gorgeous gradient from hairline to jawline.

 They really are a dream to work with. Something I have come to expect from Kat Von D's products. The quality is always there.

What is your favorite contouring/highlighting powder to use?
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review