Nails: Tenoverten+ Nail Care System

I had high hopes for this Tenoverten+ Nail Care System because it was from Sephora, and since Sephora's beauty brands are considered in the higher end of the makeup market and are relatively pricey, I expect things to be amazing...but sadly life does not work that way...sigh.


This Nail Care System is $26.00 and you get a mini-version of the "The Shield" Top Coat & "The Foundation" Base Coat.
The Base Coat is a "Nail Strengthener with Vitamin E & Horsetail Grass. It prolongs polish adhesion, increases nail strength, repair soft or peeling nails, prevents cracking, and acts as a ridge filler".

I had no problems with the base coat. It provided my nails with a great smooth base for nail polish, and that is all I am looking for when it comes to base coats. It is also great that you can use it alone as a nail strengthener. 

The problem I had with this set is the Top Coat. There is only one thing I want a Top Coat to do, and that is to prolong the wear of my nail polish, and that includes; keeping the polish chip-free and wear-free for at least 5 days, but more the better. 

Tenoverten+ claims this Top Coat is a "high-shine, chip-free, smooth finish, color-fade resistant, and protective guard" polish for the nails. 

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!

I tried it out with two different polishes, and both by Day 3, my nails looked horribly chipped, and what I photographed was my left hand which is not my dominant hand. So I showed you the good hand.

I tested the "Top Coat" first with Butter London's Champers, which is a beautiful color but chips within hours of wear. By Day 2, there was a huge chip on my right hand's pointer finger, soon after that my left hand's pointer finger chipped as well, and then everything went down hill from there.


So I decided to give the Top Coat another shot before jumping to conclusions that it is a terrible top coat, since I know "Champers" is a highly chip-town polish. I wanted to give it a fair trial. So I tested it out on e.l.f's NailPolish "Lilac"...and same thing...by Day 3 my nails were looking rough. So it is safe to say that this top is nothing more than a high-shine clear coat, because it does keep the shine and vivid color of the Lilac polish.

So this Top Coat is definitely going into my regret purchase pile. I wish I could say everything worked out, but it didn't. 

Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this lovely review and for giving us your pont of view about the prduct.
    Wiqh you a Happy New Year!
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2015/12/viva-l-italia-vive-l-italie-long-live-italy.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review