Holiday DIY: Mini Pinecone Ornaments

For video tutorial, please click here!
 There can not be a Christmas Tree without Pinecone Ornaments. So today's post is going to be all about Pinecone Ornaments. Since making these ornaments are a no brainer (just glue ribbon to a pinecone), I thought I should share with you on how I decorated my holiday pinecones this year! 

So lets begin!

Pinecone #1: Gold Glittered "Mini" Pinecone

Materiels used for this are: mini pinecone, gold glitter, red ribbon, bead clasp, mod lodge, & hot glue.

This is probably the most basic you can decorate your pinecone. Just glue the ribbon on the pinecone to change it into an ornament. Then apply some mod podge or elmers glue all over the pine and sprinkle on the glitter.

The bead clasp was to hide where I glued the ribbon to the pinecone to make the look cleaner. Since the clasp was silver, I added gold to it to make it match the themed colors.




Pinecone #2: Snow-Covered "Mini" Pinecone

Materials used for this are: mini pinecone, fake snow, pine leaves, braided silver ribbon, bead clasp, red & yellow rhinestones, hot glue & mod podge.

I attached the ribbon and bead clasp just like I did with the previous ornament. Then use mod podge to adhere the fake snow all over the pinecone, focusing most of it on top.

For some festive colors I added pine leaves, and red & yellow Rhinestones.

RELATED POST: DIY Christmas Candles


Pinecone #3: Rhinestone Decked "Mini" Pinecone

Materials used for this are: Mini Pinecone, Red Ribbon, Rhinestone Flower, Multi-colored Rhinestones, & Hot Glue.

I first glued the ribbon to the pinecone and hid this area with a platform of red rhinestones. I then added a clear, red-centered rhinestone flower to top it off. Then, all around the pinecone I sporadically added the different colored rhinestones.

I only made three different designs but there are literally countless ways of decorating these pinecone ornaments. Just have fun with it and let your creativity take over!

Happy Holidays everyone! May all your wishes come true!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review