Foundation: KleanColor Velvet Moisturizing Stick Foundation SPF 20

I found this foundation at Daiso Japan, which is an equivalent to America's Dollar Tree. Everything is $1.50, unless marked otherwise. I bought this foundation stick for $1.50, which is quite a steal since online the KleanColor's Velvet Moisturizing Stick Foundation actually retails at $3.99.


Although I quite like the coverage it gives my skin, I don't enjoy the way my face feels with this on. The foundation feels quite waxy, so it tugs at the skin when you apply it. It does blend easily enough, leaving the skin looking smooth and quite beautiful. However, this foundation never sets, even with a powder. I understand that it is meant to be moisturizing but the mositurization feel thick and tacky. So where it says "Moisturizing", I'm going to replace the word with "HEAVY" because that is exactly how my face feels with this foundation on, HEAVY.

Another thing that I do want to point out is the foundation's powerful scent. From the stick, it smells like a mix of warm florals and play dough, but once it's on the skin, the scent turns to a sweet warm floral instead that is actually quite enjoyable. But if you are sensitive with smells, you may not like this because I notice the scent doesn't go away.

Even though I like the way this foundation makes my skin look, one of the top things I look for in a foundation is comfortability and this is not a comfortable foundation. So sadly I have to say this foundation was not for me.

RELATED POST: e.l.f Studio Face Palettes Review



I have purchased quite a few things from the KleanColor line from Daiso...I mean, why not since everything is $1.50! So be on a lookout for those reviews coming in the near future!

Have you tried KleanColor Makeup before? If so, which ones and how do you like them? Let me know by leaving me a comment!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review