Star Wars: The Dark Side of the Force Look

"When you look at the Dark Side. Careful you must be...For the Dark Side looks back."
-Yoda-


So a new Episode of Star Wars has finally decided make its appearance after so many anticipated years (thanks to +Disney). There are two types of fans, the ones that grew up with episodes 4, 5, & 6 and then there are the fans of episodes 1, 2 & 3. I am the lather, since Episode 1 came out when I was 10 or 11. Now with the newest episode there will be a new generation of fans which is pretty exciting.

So today's look is in honor of the Dark Side of the Force. What inspired me to do this look is thanks to +COVERGIRL's collection of Star Wars looks. This look is a recreation of Covergirl's Star Wars Dark Apprentice look. So let's begin with the tutorial.

 Of course the first thing to do is to perfect the complexion by priming the face, applying foundation and concealer. 

The products I used:

Face Primer: Benefit The Pore-Fessional Face Primer
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer




For the brows I wanted them to look sharp and strong, and to achieve that I used a brow pencil instead of a brow gel. Then I primed the eyes with an eyeshadow primer to prep them for eyeshadow.


The products I used:

Brows: Benefit Instant Brow Pencil & L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara
Eye Primer: e.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer





The eye colors that I used in this look are, a light cappuccino brown as a transitional color, a black for the crease, and a red for the lids.


The Products I used:

Eyeshadows: Milani Bella Eyeshadows in "Bella Cappuccion" & "Bella Black", Milani Baked Eyeshadow in "I Heart You".
Eyeshadow Stick: Covergirl Shadow Pencil "Flamed Out".



Then I darkened the eyes with a kohl black liner to intensify the black shadow. For the upper lash line I used a liquid liner to create a sharp winged line.

The Products I used:

Kohl Liner: L'oreal Silkissime Eyeliner "Black"
Pen Liner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye liner "Intense Black"





I then realized that I had to extend the corners of my brows a bit to line up with the eyeshadows so that the look will look more balanced. Then I applied mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

Product I used:

Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara.


To finish off the face, I chiseled out my cheek bones by applying bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks to create shadows that give the illusion of a sunken-in look. I only dabbed a little bit of blush to the cheeks, and applied some highlighter to the cheek bones.

Product I used:

Face Palette: Urban Decay Naked Flush "Streak".


For the lips I matched the eyes by using a dark red lip color, and patted a bit of black shadow on top.

Product I used:

Lip Paint: J. Cat Wonder Lip Paint "Red Potion"



And the look is complete!
Click link to watch Video Tutorial of this Look!
Star Wars: The Dark Side of the Force Look

Hope you enjoyed this look! Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review