Star Wars: The Light Side of the Force Look

"To be Jedi is to face the Truth and Choose...A Jedi uses the Force for Knowledge and Defense, never for Attack."
-Yoda-


My last look was The Dark Side of the Force, so I had to do its counterpart which is the Light Side of the Force. This is a Recreation of the +COVERGIRL's Jedi Look.

So here are the steps and products I used to re-create their look.

The first thing I did was to even out my skin tone with some face primer and foundation. I wanted a natural, light-coverage finish, so I skipped using concealer.
Products I used:
Face Primer: Benefit The Pore-Fessional Face Primer
Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer

For the Dark Side Look I went for a strong brow. For this look I'm going to do the opposite and go for a more subtle and natural looking brow, so I just filled them in with a tinted gel. Then I went and applied some eyeshadow primer to prep the eyes for eyeshadow.
Products I used:
Brows:L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara

The shadows for the Light look is going to be soft and subtle. That is why the colors I chose to use are soft browns (one matte & one shimmery) and a soft shimmery gold. 
I applied the light brown shadow all over the eyelids and extended the corners outwards towards my hairline, as well as, towards the sides of my nose nose. This shape is very dramatic, but because the colors are so light in pigment, the look still looks soft.
On the lower lash line I first applied a white base before the soft shimmery gold shadow because the gold is very light that it needed a white base for the color to show up.
Products I used (In Order of Pics):
L'oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quad "Cupa Joe"
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajel Eyeliner "Black"
Physicians Formula Eyebrightener Multi-Colored Eyelighter "Hint of Taupaz"
Nyx Jumbo eye Pencil "Milk"
Milani Bella Eyeshadow "Bell Chiffon"

Mascara for the upper lashes, and Lash Tint for the lower lashes. 
Products I used:

For the Highlight, I used an iridescent whitish shimmer and skipped the blush. I also sculpted my face a bit to give my face a sharper look.
Products I used:
Physicians Formula Eyebrightener Multi-Colored Eyelighter "Natural EyeLight"

I also applied some natural looking lashes, but because the only liner I had on was the kohl liner I tightlined with, I needed to line my upper lash line with a black liquid liner to hide the lash band.
For the lips, I kept it natural and glossy with a nude-lipgloss.
Products I used:
Pen Liner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye liner "Intense Black"
Lipgloss: Urban Decay Naked Gloss "Nooner"

And the look is complete!
Click Link to Watch Video Tutorial of this Look!
Star Wars: The Light Side of the Force Look
"May the Force Be With You."
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review