Eyeshadow Palettes: Nyx Bronze Smokey Look Kit

Nyx actually has a few different versions of these Look Kits, and I happen to have the Bronze Smokey Look Kit which is perfectly fine, because I always would like myself a nice bronze look. 


The Kit is a double tiered, square compact. The top tier contains 9 little eyeshadows ranging from cool tone browns to olive bronze shadows, perfect colors to create a beautiful bronze look. The bottom tier contains two lip glosses that compliment the bronze look. To be honest, I wish they had threw in a nude gloss versus a bronze gloss for wear-ablitily sake. It also comes with two mini-brushes that are great when you are in a pinch.
The entire compact is small and sweet. Great for travel, especially on a Vegas Trip. The pigmentation of the shadows are great as well. Initially when I swatched them on my arm, I was not impressed, but when I applied the shadows to my eye lids with a brush, it was a different story. I figured later on that my fingers were too big to pick up a lot of the shadow due to the pan's size, so in turn the swatches on my arms were not so great. 


The glosses turned out to be extremely soft and gooey, which is a huge indicator that it will not stand up to heat very well. So take care with not forgetting it in a hot car or near a heater, because I foresee a gooey mess in the near-future.
Overall I ended up enjoying this little compact kit. It has great, versatile shadows from mattes to shimmers, and a combination of cool and warm tones. The little mirror cover-top also can be adjusted to a full 180 degrees angle, or if you want it to be propped up at a 45 degree angle, you can do that too.
I also created a "Bronze Eye Tutorial" video, so if you are interested in seeing how the shadows actually perform on the lids, feel free to click the provided link!

What are some of your favorite Nyx products? Any I should try and review next?
Happy Wandering! Alice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review