Matte Glosses: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams

To my knowledge the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams are the first of the Matte Lip Colors/Glosses trend that is taking over the drugstores this year. It is always great to be the starter of trends but I think Nyx should really go back and re-do their glosses' formulat...because I do not like the finish of these creams.


They retail at $6.49 ($6.00 on Nyx's Website), which I do not think is worth that much...not because of their pigmentation, their creams are packed with color, but because of the texture and the feel of the cream once it sets. The texture is airy and light, and depending on the individual color, it can either apply streaky or beautifully. It's really a gamble.
Here are the two colors that I bought from the 34 available colors +NYX Cosmetics has to offer.
All the colors are names after cities around the world, which is pretty neat.

This true red color is called Amsterdam. This color glided on the lips beautiful without any problems. I also have been loving red lips lately. One of the reasons behind that is how white it can make my teeth look (depending on what kind of red), and this red gave me those pearly white teeth.

This bright bubble-gum pink is called Istanbul. This color is one of those hard to work with glosses. It applied on gloppy and needed layering and blending to get that smooth opaque look. This color also does not suit my skin tone so much, so I will not be wearing it.

The first 15 minutes after application, the creams felt comfortable and moisturizing on the lips, but once they set, my lips felt restricted. Looking in the mirror I noticed that the color actually sinked right into the lines of my lips causing them to look dry and wrinkled. It also felt like a mask has formed over my lips, making it  extremely uncomfortable. A quick way to fix this is to apply a lip balm on top which defeats the whole purpose of the matte look, however, in this case it actually did not matter because both of the shades I own never set to a complete matte. It actually remained quite glossy looking.
These Matte Lip Creams were not my cup of tea. They do contain a lot of pigment, and they are quite long-wearing, but the deal-breaker for me was the comfortability of wearing these glosses. I don't like the feel of wearing a tight mask over my lips.

Have you tried these Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams yet? How do you like them? 
Let me know by leaving a comment. I always like to know your thoughts!
Happy Wandering, Alice.

Comments

  1. Istanbul looks beautifull, no sadlly i didnt try them haha it hard to get them here in my country

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review