Battle of the Brands (ep.1): Drugstore Matte Liquids/Creams/Glosses

Click Link to see Video "Ep. 1 BOTB: Matte Lip Colors/Glosses"
Let's talk about one of the newest trends happening at the Drugstore for 2016, and that is the Matte Lip Color/Gloss/Liquid/etc trend. They have many different names but they are essentially the same thing. They are all liquid intense lip products in a lipgloss form that promises a matte finish. Personally, I am a huge fan of this trend, hence why I am making a point to try out every product that comes out. 

In this post I have four different brands of these Matte Glosses to share with you, but I recently found out about a fifth, the "Milani Amore Matte Lip Cremes", but so far I haven't seen them at my local drugstores, but once I do, I will provide a link of my review for them soon.

Today I will be comparing: the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses, the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids, the Nyx Soft Matte Creams, & the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors.

**I already review each one of these matte lip colors. A link for those reviews are provided, so if you would like to see swatches and a more in-depth review of each gloss, feel free to click on the links!**

These retail at $9.99, and consist of ten different shades. 

These are the most matte of the four glosses and they are the ones that all have the same great, pigmented consistency. They glide on the lips effortlessly and the tear-shaped applicator just makes the application process super easy.

The only con is that these glosses do not last long; the wear time is around 2-3 hours.



These retail at $7.99 and consist of ten different shades.

These are long-wearing and leaves a lasting stain on the lips. 

Unfortunately when it comes to picking out a color, it is a gamble because you may get a hard-to-work with color. Half of the ones I have purchased applied on pretty streaky.


These retail at $6.49 and consist of 34 different shades.

These are pigmented and long wearing, but the finish of the cream is like a mask over the lips. My lips feel restricted and uncomfortable. It also sets into the fine lines making my lips look wrinkly.



Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color
These retail at $9.99 and consist of 8 different shades.

These are my favorite of the four. They are long-lasting and applied on the lips wonderfully. It also keeps the lips quite moisturized.

The texture is also different from the L'oreal and Maybelline matte colors. The L'oreal and Maybelline have a thick mousse-like texture, while the Revlon and Nxy have a more thin, airy mousse-like texture.




If I had to list each product from most favorite to least favorite, this is what the list will look like:
1) Revlon Ultra HD Matt Lip Color, 2) L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses, 3) Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids, 4) Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams.

Have you tried any of these Matte Lip Colors yet? Which one are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review