Lipsticks: e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color Lipsticks Review

Not bad for a MATTE Lipstick!

I was surprised at how moisturizing these +e.l.f. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color Lipsticks feel on the lips! e.l.f does
claim that these lip colors are infused with Vitamins A, C & E to ensure maximum hydration. That being said, please do not exaggerate what I'm saying here about the moisturizing levels. For being a "matte" lipstick, these lipsticks are considered to be hydrating, however, in reality they are not that hydrating. Oh, and make sure to exfoliate those lips before using these or your lips will look like you haven't drank water for days.

Pigmentation-wise, I am extremely impressed especially for the darker colors, and they also leave a nice stain on the lips that last for hours! The lipstick itself on the other hand do not last very long. Within two or three hours it starts fading from the inner-parts of the lips towards the outer-parts of the lips, so at the end of a meal, you are left with a colorful ring on your mouth. Attractive right?! The lipstick also transfers big time, so expect to see lipstick marks on your coffee cups ladies! I also had problems with the colors bleeding into the fine lines of my lips.

RELATED POST: e.l.f Essential Lipsticks Review

However, all of this cons have an easy fix. Just make sure to wear lipliner and blot your lipstick with a tissue after application, and pat the color into your lips with your finger for a smoother finish. This way the lip color won't bleed into the fine lines, it will lasts longer, and smudging will be at a minimal.

Other than these problems, these matte lipsticks are quite decent for just $3.00. They come in an ever so convient pencil packaging for easy application and the products glides onto the lips effortlessly and opaque with no streaks. There is also a sharpener at the end to make sure the lipstick point is always pointy!

Now for the swatches!





 A few of these colors didn't fit too well with my skin tone, but the ones that do...I am actually enjoying them! My favorites so far are Coral & Wine. Coral is a great pink-nude for my skin tone. I also heard that Tea Rose is another nude favorite of fans. Unfortunately, it gives my lips a sickly purple tint to it. So no bueno for me.

I hope this review was helpful! Let me know what matte lipsticks I should try out in the future in the comments! I love trying out new products!

Happy Wandering!
Alice

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review