Tutorial: "Oil Slick" Urban Decay Vice4 Eye Look


This is going to be the last +Urban Decay Cosmetics  Vice4 Eye Tutorial. It has been real fun creating looks inspired by this amazing palette! I can't wait to see what Urban Decay has in store for the next Vice Palette! 

Today's look is inspired by the packaging of the palette, which was inspired by Urban Decay's Vintage eyeshadow called, "Oil Slick". So I thought it would be most appropriate to name this look "Oil Slick".

So here is how I accomplished this look!


#1) Shadow: Delete - Deep Chestnut Brown Matte-Satin

I used this shade to be my transitional shade on the crease. Even though the overall look is pretty cool-toned, it's nice to have a matte, neutral shadow to add depth to the look. 

#2) Shadow: Crowbar - Black w/ Gold Metallic Pearl/Micro-Glitter

Since an actual Oil-Slick is black, I added this shadow to the outer corners. Beware, this shadow is fall-out central, so be sure to hold a tissue against your cheek to catch all the excess shadow, or apply your eyeshadows before your foundation. 

**Keeping to the Oil Slick theme, when you look at the surface of Oil, you can see different swirls of colors, which I tried to recreate by using the cool-tone shadows within this palette.**

#3) Arctic - Bright Teal w/ Tonal Sparkle

I patted this all over the lid. 

#4) Harlot - Metallic Lavender

I brightened up the inner corners with this shadow. To my pleasant surprise, when I was blending Harlot and Arctic together, the two shadows created this wonderful periwinkle color! Surprises like this make me love makeup that much more!

#5) Bones - Oyster Satin with Pearl

This is a beautiful shimmery but neutral shadow, perfect for the brow-bones.

#6) Robbery - Deep Metallic Brown-Gunmetal

For the lower lash-line, I also wanted a neutral shadow that will add depth to the look but not stand out. Robbery was a great choice!

#7) DeadBeat - Black Satin w/ Micro-Glitter

To continue on the black oil slick theme, I lined my upper lash-line with this Black Satin shadow. Now looking back, I wish I had emphasized on the black a little bit more. 

#8) Eyeliner & mascara & the look is complete!

I hope you enjoyed the last look in my Urban Decay Vice4 Palette Series. This does not mean that I am never going to use this palette again! I just need to show some love to other products I have in my collection!

Of course there is a Video Tutorial of this look, link is provided if you are interested!
"Oil Slick" Urban Decay Vice4 Eye Look

Happy Wandering!
Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review