Tutorial: Holiday Look: Burgundy + Gold Party Look

Happy Holidays!!! I know this post is uploaded in November...but we are only a few hours away from December...so HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


This is my favorite month of the last quarter of the year. It mainly has something to do with Christmas...and a part of it has to do with a New Year coming because a New Year means endless possibilities...but this discussion is for another blogpost. Today, I have the first Holiday Makeup Look for you today, and I decided to go Classic with the colors on this one (Burgundy + Gold). I noticed when December rolls around, I always reach for +theBalm Cosmetics Nude'tude Palette. Something about the colors in this palette that screams Holiday!!


So here are the products and steps I used to complete this look!

For my face, I primed it with Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel & Maybelline Dream Pure BB to even up my complexion. Then for my brows, I first filled them in with +Maybelline Ultra-Brow Brush-on Color "Dark Brown" & set the hairs in place with +e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio EyeBrow Treat & Tame Tint.

The eyeshadow palette that I used is theBalm's Nude-tude palette, and the four eyeshadows I used for this look is Sultry (Matte Chestnut Brown), Sexy (Matte Burgundy), Serious (Matte Black), and Snobby (Shimmery Peach Gold).

Shadow #1: Sultry (Matte Chestnut Brown)
I used a blending brush and applied this to the crease area and buffed it out. This shadow is going to be a transitional shadow, as well as, a warm neutral base for the rest of the shadows.

Shadow #2: Sexy (Matte Burgundy)
With a dense, flat shadow brush I applied this to the outer and inner parts of the lids, leaving the center of the lids relatively absent of shadow. Then with the blending brush I used earlier, I blended the burgundy shadow so it wouldn't look too harsh. Of course blending will fade the shadow quite a bit, so I had to reapply more burgundy, blend it, reapply and blend until I was satisfied with the hazy opacity.

Shadow #3: Mix of Sexy (Matte Burgundy) + Serious (Matte Black)
I mixed these two shadows together to create this burgundy-black shadow and applied it to the outer corners of the eyes, as well as, the lash lines. The burgundy helped soften the black, where the black alone would have looked to harsh for the overall look. The burgundy also helped tie-in the bottom lash line with the shadows on top.

Shadow #4: Snobby (Shimmery Peach Gold)
This peach gold is just the perfect holiday pairing with the burgundy shadow. I patted this shadow on the center of the lids with my ring finger, and then used the same blending brush to blend everything together.

Finish up the Eyes:
To define the eyes I used +Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in "Perversion" for the waterline, and for the upper lash line I created a simple wing with eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner. Finally I curled the lashes and applied some L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara.

Finally finishing off the face with +e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Customizable Face Palettes

I first contoured my face with a contour powder from the elf Studio Contour Palette. 

Then applied a Burgundy Blush to the cheeks. I used a blush from elf's Studio Blush Palette (Dark).

And finally highlighted the cheekbones with a off-white shimmery highlight from elf's Studio Contour Palette.

On the lips I went with a Burgundy Lipstick. Yes, this look has a lot of Burgundy! Haha!
I'm using elf studio Moisturizing Lipstick in "Bordeaux Beauty".

And the look is complete!

I hope you like this Holiday Look! If you want to see my video tutorial on this look, please click not the link provided! Holiday Look: Burgundy + Gold Party Look
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review