Tutorial: "Black Pandemonium" Urban Decay Vice4 Eye Look

"Pandemonium" & "Grip" are a few of the eyeshadows I have not yet used in an eye look featuring the +Urban Decay Cosmetics "Vice4" Eyeshadow Palette. So I used it for Look #7, and I call this look, "Black Pandemonium".


This happens to be one of my favorite looks I did so far for for my Vice4 series, 
and here are the steps on how I achieved this look.


1. Eye Shadow "Grip" (Taupe Matte with Iridescent Micro-Glitter)

This shadow is pretty sheer to my disappointment, but it was actually the perfect transitional shadow for this look. I just dusty a few layers of this shadow to my crease.


2. Eyeshadow "Dead Beat" (Black Satin with Iridescent Micro-Glitter)

Whenever using a black shadow, always work in layers and take your time to blend. I first used a fluffier eyeshadow brush to layer on three coats of the black shadow, blending in-between each coat.
Then I used a more dense, flat eyeshadow brush to really pack on the black shadow. I also applied the black to the lower lash line, and used a q-tip to clean up any mess I created due to carelessness, and of course, I did more blending. 

3. Eyeshadow "Framed" (Light Neutral Matte-Satin)

For the highlight shadow I used a shadow that matches my skin tone to really clean up the brow bone so that the darker shadows will look more crisp and clean. I also added this shadow to the inner corners to keep that area of the eye bright.

4. Eyeshadow "Pandemonium" (Metallic Plum with Iridescent Micro-Glitter)

To add more interest to the black, I used my finger to pat on this beautiful metallic plum shadow. I just loved how this purple completely transformed the look, giving it more depth and dimension.

5. Eyeliner, Mascara, & False Lashes

Finally to finish up the eyes, I applied a black "pencil" liner to the top lashes, instead of a liquid liner to keep things more soft and blended together. I didn't want a harsh liner to take away the beauty of the shadows' colors. I also added false lashes, because an intensely dark look like this really washes out my eyelashes even if I apply a good mascara on. 

And the look is complete!
Of course there is always a video tutorial on my looks, so please click on the link!

Here is my last two my last Urban Decay Vice4 Eye Looks

Just one more eye look left for My Urban Decay Vice4 Eye Looks Series!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review