Tutorial: Classic Wing-Liner & Red Lips Makeup Look

Nothing is as timeless as a Wing-Liner and Red Lips makeup look. It can be worn in any occasion, and you will always look modern, chic and effortlessly.
Here are the steps and the makeup I used to create this look:

The first thing I usually do, if the eye makeup is not messy, is to take care of my complexion. So priming the face and adding some foundation will do the trick! The face primer I used is my current primer at the moment, the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel...I know it's not meant to be a face primer but it works great as one! The foundation I used is one of the most convenient Shine-Free Foundations I own, and it is the Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick.

The brows are extremely important in this look since the eyeshadows are going to be at a minimal. So take your time in shaping and filling them in. Don't forget to set them in place with a brow gel.

To ensure your shadows stay in place, apply an eye primer.

The eyeshadows I used for this look is from Kat Von D's Monarch Eyeshadow Palette.

Shadow #1: Entomology, a Matte Cream shadow, and I dusted this all over the eyes which includes the lida and brow bones.

Shadow #2: Papilio, a Pearl Chocolate shadow, and I blended this along the crease line to give the illusion of depth.

Shadow #3: Deadhead, a Matte Black shadow, I used this intense black to line my eyes. This shadow is so rich and opaque that there was no need to use an eyeliner. Make sure to add the classic wing at the end of each eye. If you are not confident with creating a straight line, then cheat and use the tape method. If you are curious about what the tape method is, watch my "El Dorado Gold" Fantasy Look video. I used the tape method there.

Finishing off the eyes with some L'oreal Miss Manga "Black Angel" Mascara on the top and bottom lash line. False lashes are also very appropriate for this look, so feel free to put some natural looking lashes on!

Now back to the complexion, by adding color to the cheeks with some coral blush. I'm using the Wet n Wild ColorIcon Blusher in "Pearlescent Pink".

Now for the Classic Red Lips. First using a red lipliner to line the lips (I used e.l.f Essential Lipliner in Bitter). Start with the rim of the lips and slowly filling them in. The key to shaping your lips perfectly is a well-sharpened lip pencil and to take your time.

Finish up the lips with whatever red lipstick you like. I decided to use e.l.f's Studio Matte Lip Color in Rich Red.

Click on the provided link to see my video Tutorial on this very look!
I hope you enjoyed this Makeup look!

Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review