Tutorial: Hot Pink "WoodStock" Urban Decay Inspired Look


Okay, I admit it. I'm a huge +Urban Decay Cosmetics Junkie. Can you tell from my blog yet? And yes, this is another Fantasy/Creative Look inspired by one of their colors again. This time the star color is "WoodStock", a hot pink with iridescent shimmer. 
As you may have guessed, I was not only inspired by the color but also the name, which is why this look has a bohemian, woodsy vibe to it. Since the headpiece had feathers in it, I wanted the makeup to match. So the design behind the makeup is FEATHERS. I do hope I was able to get that point across.

The headpiece I also made myself, and have a full DIY post on how I made it, so if you would like to go and check that out, the link is provided. 

Here is how I did the eye makeup:

1. Mapping out the Design:
Since the design is more complicated than just applying eyeshadows, I used a white pencil liner to map out the design first. This way if I make a mistake, or don't like the design I have drawn, I can just rub off the liner without having to start completely over.

2. Tracing the Design
Once I have the design mapped out, I just went over it with a more permanent product which so happens to be the star color of this look!

3. Adding Dimension
Just to give the design more depth, I applied some fuchsia shadow right below the pink line as well as on the feathers. 

4. Color to the lids
I didn't want to change the actual color of my lids but I did want to add some shine, which this shadow called Last Sin from Urban Decay did just that.

5. Defining the Eyes
Of course we don't want to forget the lower lash line, especially when there is so much going on on the lids. So to balance out the eyes and give it more shape, I applied a taupe shadow to the lower lash line.

6. Highlighting 
To brighten up the overall look, I applied a frosty shimmery white to the brow bones, inner corners, as well as, the outer parts of the feather designs to brighten and draw them forward.

7. Lips -Some pink for the lips
 I used this pink lip tint, that is a similar color to Woodstock, and applied this at the center of the lips and blended out to create a soft ombre effect.

8. Decorate
Of course no fantasy look is complete without fancy decorations. I found these half pink-pearl stick-ons at Micheals Arts & Crafts, and it was awesome that they were the perfect shade of pink as Woodstock!

9. Costume
Finally add the rest of the costume to finish off the look!

And the look is complete! Of course these are not all the steps to the makeup look, just the important steps. If you are curious to see how I did this look step-by-step, please watch my video tutorial! The link is provided! "Hot Pink 'WoodStock' Urban Decay Inspired Makeup Look.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! More will definitely follow!
Happy Wandering! Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smashbox Drawn In. Decked Out. Holiday Collection Review